Introduction To Algorithm
An algorithm is a finite set of steps defining the solution of a particular problem. It is expressed in pseudo code, but with some statements in English rather than in the Programming Language.
As we know there are many ways to solve a problem, programmers seek to create the most effective algorithms possible. By using highly-efficient algorithms, developers can ensure their programs run as fast as possible and use minimum system resources.
Lets us try to develop an algorithm to compute and display the sum of two nunbers:
- Read two numbers a and b.
- Calculate the sum of a and b and store it in sum.
- Display the value of sum.
Algorithm to calculate the Factorial of a given number:
- Read the number n.
- [Initialization] i <- 1, fact <- 1
- Repeat steps 4 through 6 until i = n;
- fact <- fact * i
- i <- i * 1
- Print fact